Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Welcome to 2023! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2023 using this free spreadsheet.
PVCACD preview chapters
- The question of whether Vance was dead or not became more than academic when he found himself in a bathtub up to his chin in ice water like some forgotten cocktail garnish, a demonic woman standing over him, and no memory of how he got there. But that question was one among legion, because what memories he did have were as comforting as a blackjack in the dark. So it wasn’t surprising when he found out that trouble was his business, and business was kicking his door down.
Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons preview chapters
I fumbled to awareness shivering and floating in darkness. A ringing grew until I realized it was inside me.
I willed my eyes open. A red glare singed its way along my optic nerves like acid fire. I squeezed them shut. As if the red light had melted a layer of ice between my mind and body, sensation flooded in.
Something methodical in me sorted through and cataloged it all. The ache in my head and the ringing in my ears slowly diminished. Uncontrollable shivering shook my limbs, sending waves of pain up my back. I was fully clothed and floating face up in water to my chin. Ice cubes jostled my cheeks and lips. I drew in a lungful of moist air, pungent with a complex chemical reek. The clinical, cataloging part of my mind concluded it was a mixture of sulfur, ozone, and smoke.
- Chapter 2 — Out of the Tub and Into...?
- Chapter 3 — The Last Thing I Remember
- Chapter 4 — Little Devil Dry Ice Dust
- Chapter 5 — Did You See That?
- Chapter 6 — Memory of the Hound
- Chapter 7 — Am I Prone to PTSD Attacks?
- Chapter 8 — Crimson Halo Home and Office Assurance
- Back to Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons preview chapters.
- Back to Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in PVCACD (category):
- PVCACD 2018 Writer's Digest Self Published Book Awards Commentary
- PVCACD 2018 Writer's Digest Self Published Book Awards Commentary (raw)
- PVCACD errata
- PVCACD status
- Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons
- Working on the blurb for PVCACD (examples)
- PVCACD cover
- PVCACD research
- PVCACD description
- Liberty IV Publishing
Recent Topics with Comments
- Read as Audiobook
- Fritz's recent reading list
- Pick Comment Content Template
- Comment Content Template
- The Day the Universe Changed (1985)
- Has Pick Comment
- Has Viewing Pick Infobox
- Has Viewing Comment
- Connections (TV series)
- Where's (Heinlein's) Waldo(qm)
- The protagonist has to succeed all on their own