Parallel Visions: City of Angels City of Demons ebook and trade paperback available on Amazon (or here).
Welcome to 2021! Let's get some writing done.
Track your writing progress in 2021 using this free spreadsheet.
(And if you're an author with a wiki, add a comment here.) If so, I'd like to hear about it. Add a comment here
This is the first of the "Pelly and Winters" stories, which are my "Wooster and Jeeves" characters. I've been a big a fan of P. G. Wodehouse for quite some time. Recently (i.e. 2008) I thought I would undertake the challenge of writing an action-adventure story featuring "Jeeves and Wooster"-like characters. "Winters' Unexpected Arrival" is my first attempt at this difficult-but-rewarding style of story telling.
- Pelly, or Pelham Greenvale, is named after P. G. Wodehouse. The name Winters comes from his family name, but I will leave further explanation of this for later.
- One interesting aspect of this story was that I had no notion of "Interregnum keeps" before writing this story. But, as a good deal of the story takes place in the dimlands, and I needed a place for Pelly to hole up and defend against the "red menace" golems and to consequently be rescued by Winters' unexpected arrival, the notion of an "Interregnum keep" naturally evolved.
Chronological order story of completion
Recent Related Changes
Topics recently changed in WUA (category):
Recent Topics with Comments
- 906 TE9 (category)
- Beta Phase (category)
- CftN (category)
- Chronicles from the Nexus (category)
- Fiction (category)
- Fritz (category)
- Fritz Freiheit (category)
- Fritz's Fiction (category)
- Fritz's Projects (category)
- Fritz's Writing (category)
- Has DynamicPageList (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has LayoutCat (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has Spoiler (category)
- ID (category)
- Is Category (category)
- Nexus (category)
- Pelly and Winters (category)
- Project (category)
- Short Story (category)
- Story Cluster (category)
- Story ID (category)
- Story a Month Project 2008 to 2009 (category)
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.