|The Red Rook, sequel to Dispensing Justice and the second novel of Nova Genesis World is now available for Kindle or as a paperback at Amazon.
In The Red Rook, Penny confronts her doubts about becoming a superhero as events around the disappearance of one her school mates unfolds.
|Author, SF fan, husband, father, and software developer, not necessarily in that order.|
I'm a writer who has made good (bad?) as an author-publisher after more than a decade of unpublished work. After many years of reading, I decided to try and to publish my first novel and a handful of short stories (all of which are set in the same world) in the traditional manner. This didn't work out. I wrote my second novel, Dispensing Justice (DJ), and after receiving a number of rejections (some of them encouraging), I decided to self-publish in late summer of 2011. By early December Dispensing Justice was available as an ebook, and the paperback followed in the first quarter of 2012. I've continued writing, and my third novel (2nd published, sequel to DJ) The Red Rook has gone live as both an ebook and print on Amazon. I'm currently working on my 4th and 5th novels.
My writing can be described as action-adventure SF that harks back to the golden age of space opera, but with a strong dose of modern SF, drawing from the sub-genres cyberpunk and the new space opera. My first published novel (as versus my first novel, which is a far-future transhuman action-adventure caper story) is an alternate history science fiction superhero coming of age story. It's sequel is also alternate history science fiction superhero story. I'm currently working on an urban fantasy novel with a SF twist, as well as a Doc Savage inspired novel in an "atomic punk" alternate history setting.
My last name, if you were wondering, is pronounced "Fryheight" and it means 'liberty' or 'freedom' in German.
Some of my interests, likes, and dislikes
- Fritz's favorite quotes
- Fritz's favorite metaphors
- Analytic philosophy
- Fritz likes it
- Fritz's favorite authors
- Fritz's list of books he would like to read again if only he had the time
- Fritz's list of foreign film picks
- Why I don't have a favorite author
- AADL Talks to Local Author Fritz Freiheit with Sherlonya Turner of the Ann Arbor District Library (March 2012)
- Author Interview: Fritz Freiheit at Standoutbooks.com (April 2013)
- Interviewing the Indies: Fritz Freiheit at Examiner.com (May 2013)
My first memories are of watching the Lone Ranger and JFK's funeral on TV. I discovered Heinlein in my middle school library, and have been avidly consuming SF and fantasy, sometimes to the detriment of my grades and social life, since then. I graduated from East Lansing High School, Michigan, in 1977, but my taste in music didn't crystallize until 1985 when I found myself in Los Angeles, recruited to write a Japanese language parser after spending a year in Japan working for Sumitomo Electric. A decade after that I graduated from the University of Michigan with a Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence and got married. It would be another decade before I finished my first novel. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan where I irritate my wife and daughter by listening to 80's music.
- Google Plus posts
- Amazon author page
- ISFDB author page
- BoardGameGeek profile
- Delicious.com Links (network)
- Facebook page (home)
- Goodreads profile
- Google:  / Profile
- LinkedIn page
- LiveJournal Blog (friends)
- MySpace page
- Shelfari page
- Technorati page
- Wikipedia user page
- Twitter page (home)
- About Fritz
- Fritz's fiction
- Fritz's daily tasks
- Fritz's books to acquire list
- Fritz's recent reading list
- Fritz's recent viewing list
- Fritz's to read stack
- Market research links
- How to create or maintain a glossary entry
- MediaWiki Templates
- List of description templates
- Some useful regular expressions
- User Pages
- NASFIC 2007 Report
- Ann Arbor Genre Writers Group
- Preparing to submit a manuscript
- Site management tools
- OpenOffice API
- iPhone links
- Podcast links
- Fritz's list of movies
- Notes on establishing a personal canonical collection of short stories
- Notes on the list of the best works of Space Opera
Chronological order of story completion
- "Angst Griffon"
- "No Cure"
- Tactics of Transience
- "The Shaper's Daughter"
- "The Alchemist of Liberty"
- "Death Rides for Free"
- "Up in the Nightgaunts Gang"
- "The Unmodified Man"
- "Death's Harp has One String"
- "Winters' Unexpected Arrival"
- "Fortress of Wind and Glass"
- "All You Quantum Zombies"
- "Lair of the Feathered Termites"
- "A Sword in the Spokes"
- "Stealing a Seed of the Giving-Tree"
- "In Your Eyes"
- "Drink Deep the Wine of Memory"
- Dispensing Justice
- The Red Rook
- Parallel Visions: City of Angels, City of Demons
Converted Legacy Links
- Fritz Freiheit's Welcome Page (~fritx)
- Book Raves from 1993
- Canary in the Bitmine (final snapshot)
- Fritz Likes It
- Fritz's Gedankenexperiments Critique
- Fritz's Key Questions
- Fritz's Lexicon
- Fritz's Reference Desk
- Fritz's Thinking Tools
- Fritz's Weird Stuff
- Fritz's Wordsmithy Tools
- Fritz's Writing Resources
- Science Fiction Classification System
- The Possibilities of FTL
- Yahoo Briefcase
Other Fritz Related Links
- Fritz's bookmarks at del.icio.us / Delicious links tagged Fritz
- Fritz's user page at isfdb.org
- Fritz's user page at Wikipedia
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Watchlist Fritz's watch list at Wikipedia]
Fritz's Friends and Contacts
- Alex P.
- Bill B.
- Bill T.
- Chris H.
- Cinda H.
- Gretchen G.
- Hal O. (libertango)
- Howard J.
- Jason W.
- Jenn J. (the Clue Fairy)
- Joe M.
- Kat T.
- Marc W.
- Merideth DW
- Michael C.
- Mike D.
- Paul T.
- Phil P.
- Rob T.
- Steve B. (poe)
- Tracy B.
- Ulrika O. (akirlu)
Site Management Links
2017 totals so far
|Audio short stories:||14||0||0||0||0|
|I finally finished this massive volume by listening to the final set of audio disks. The entire audio experience was packed into 105 disks and (I think) was 105 hours of listening. I started listening in April of 2014, finishing off about half the 11 segments that year. A lot of good stories from the pulp era with bios of the authors. I recommend it to detective and mystery fans.|
- Fritz's recent reading list 2016
- Fritz's recent reading list 2015
- Fritz's recent reading list 2014
- Fritz's recent reading list 2013
- Fritz's recent reading list 2012
- Fritz's recent reading list 2011
- Fritz's recent reading list 2010
- Fritz's recent reading list 2009
- Fritz's recent reading list 2008 and 2007
What I've been watching recently
Old What's Up
- http://del.icio.us/fritz / Delicious links tagged Fritz
- Fritz's tag page at ifsdb.org
- Fritz's tags on ifsdb.org
- Start porting old wiki to FritzWiki.
- Port http://www.jroller.com/Fritz/feed/entries/rss to FritzWiki Fritz's Legacy Blogs.
- Find out how to forward domains
- Find an Open Source bookmark management PHP tool.
- Try porting some of those name generator PHP scripts.
- The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle and James D. Macdonald
- Port Fermi's Paradox article to FritzWiki.
- Dale Danilewitz (worked at Whirlpool with you in the early 90s) --> Found, but...
- Roger James (RPGed with you out in L.A. during the later half of the 1980s)
- Tim Kelsey (went to high school with you)
- Figured out how to add Delicious links to the WordPress Blog.
- Fixed broken specials on this wiki.
- Found Wired Love by Ella Thayer
- 1959 (category)
- 1959 Birth (category)
- 2011 (category)
- 2011 Author (category)
- 2011 Debut (category)
- Alternate History (category)
- Author (category)
- Blogger (category)
- Fritz (category)
- Fritz Freiheit (category)
- Has Data Table (category)
- Has FirstImage (category)
- Has Image (category)
- Has Infobox (category)
- Has Layout (category)
- Has Layout Base (category)
- Has LayoutAuthor (category)
- Has Navbox (category)
- Has Table (category)
- Has Table New (category)
- Has Tags (category)
- New Pulp (category)
- Science Fiction (category)
- Superhero (category)
- User (category)
- Who (category)
- Writer (category)