Below are listed terms and their definitions used in the Chronicles of the Nexus. Categories of terms that are closely related can be found clustered here. For all glossary entries with separate articles see Glossary Nexium Definition (category).
- Acronym for angular momentum.
- Acronym for Anarchists' Union.
- Acronym for audio / visual.
- A personality construct used to hide the real personality and provide realistic behavior and thoughts. Also referred to as a personality overlay.
- Diamond, or a diamond like composite that is formed using alchemy.
The Adventurers Club
- Another name for the Dares Club.
- An airship operations and docking area.
- Post embodiment life, most commonly lived in the arkades.
Age of Revolution
- The Age of Revolution is a period of social upheavel during TE9.
- The alchemistry permeating an organism's tissue, both inter- and intra-cellular.
- A practitioner of alchemistry.
Alchemist of Liberty, the
- Alias of the Night Whippoorwill.
- Nanotechnology. Some forms of alchemistry are mediated by tech, other forms are meant to operate in the dimlands or during an interregnum and not need the mediation of Monoliths.
- Alchemy is the process of alchemistry.
- The dominate form of a neohuman rad. Most neohuman rads are split into alpha-beta forms.
- The alpha form of neohumans that are (outwardly) the most similar to us (homo sapiens).
- A neohuman rad that is taller and more slender than alpha-humans that was originally engineered for lower gravity worlds.
- Short for angular momentum compensator.
- The Anarchists' Union, or AU, is a loose collection of cities, regions, and empyreans that have no government but operate as political unit. The largest and most significant of these loosely confederated units is Bedlam.
- Angst Gryphon is a jaishin Unterpaladin of Trang. Also known as the Archer because of his signature weapon, a compound pulley bow over seven feet tall.
- An angel is a defensive system, usually composed of a thousands or millions of micro-tech to nano-tech autonomous semi-sentient sub-systems. -- (Source: Fritz Freiheit)
- Rotational energy.
angular momentum compensator
- An AM compensator, or angular momentum compensator, is a mechanism for compensating or counteracting unintended angular momentum in a nulspace drive system.
- Primary form of currency in Spire. Roughly equivalent to a years life extension.
- Broken into deciannums (one tenth of an annum), centiannums (one hundredth of an annum), milliannums (one thousandth of annum).
- Arbaris is the capitol city of Edmee located on Opyl.
- In Pelly's time, Argent Stormhaven is Lord Stormhaven. A member of the Mycroft Club, Lord Stormhaven is politically active (unlike Pelly) and engaged in a long-standing political feud with the members of the Shades.
- An afterlife off-space.
- Someone who is doing an audit.
- A 'hook' into someones sensoria flow to their codex.
- To experience the sensoria stored in someone's codex.
- A construct, typically of a Power, that is capable of independent thought and action.
- Alchemical protective or regenerative potion, typically infused throughout an organism.
- Neohumans are our descendants, genetically modified to one degree or another. Neohumans have been extensively engineered since our time. Many of the changes were introduced during the transhuman era, but significant modifications occurred during the transhuman echos.
- Nerve wire is physical-augmentation tech that replaces or runs in parallel to normal biological nerves.
- A matrix, typically in the form of a collar, that filters nerve signals to the body blocking voluntary motor control.
- The Nexus (as versus a nexus) is a collection of nodes (mostly planets and empyreans) which are connected by Monoliths and their ley lines.
Night Whippoorwill, the (character)
- The Night Whippoorwill, a.k.a. the Alchemist of Liberty, is the leader of the Intrepids and responsible for the rescuing of many Shapers during the Age of Revolution.
- Night Whippoorwill, The (story)
- Someone who travels through nulspace.
- A nulship is a ship or vehicle capable of traveling through nulspace. Nulship personal are called nulnauts.
- Nulspace is the destabilized probability, transdimensional space that pervades the Nexus. Contrast with real-space and off-space.
nulspace drive system
- A device or mechanism for (safely) driving a nulship through nulspace.
S and S
- Acronym for search and salvage.
S and S gang
- Savage Mesa is the mesa that Trinette Fé Apisterra was born on. It is part of the northern Opyl mesa archipelago.
search and salvage
search and salvage gang
- Abbreviation for Security Command.
- The combined perceptual feed of an individual's senses.
Sea of Glass
Sea of Light
- shadow grenade
- See snarl grenade.
- Spire's sister city, north of the the Wall and, consequently, perpetually in shadow.
shaft (null ship's)
- Those that have biologically or genetically engineered by a Shaper.
- Prior to the Edmee beta revolt the elite alpha-jaishin ruling class of the Edmee. Known for their abilities in genetic engineering, biological sciences, and biotech.
Shaper's Daughter, The
- Wherein a young girl is confronted with her mother's past.
- Genetic and / or biological engineering.
- The political decision making body under the Shaper Radix.
- The 'root' or primary Shaper. The political focus point of political power among Shapers.
shock transfer impedance by force feedback armor
- Armor that stiffens on impact. Abbreviation STIFF armor, or the slang stiffy armor.
- Shunting pain is the lognomic ability among neohumans to turn off pain.
- Sigma is a measure of probability derived from normal distribution.
- Abbreviation for simulation, typically associated with off-space simulations.
- A collection of ley lines that are interconnected and strongly related by the characteristics of the planets and empyreans connected to those ley lines.
- A grenade that contains a compressed sphere of tangled monowire. When triggered, the snarl of monowire rapidly expands, reducing everything it engulfs to a molecular slush.
- A gun that fires a compressed sphere of tangled monowire. When fired, the snarl of monowire rapidly expands, reducing everything it engulfs to a molecular slush.
- The physical remnants of a codex after a body has been destroyed. See codex.
- A matrix that produces monowire.
- The city of Spire and its enclosing empyrean are both named after the Spire Monolith.
- The capitol city of the Imperial Phoenix Empire located in the Spire empyrean.
- The klein empyrean containing the city of Spire centered on the Spire monolith.
- The Monolith at the center of the city of Spire and its empyrean.
- Spire's sister city, north of the the Wall and, consequently, perpetually in shadow.
- Someone from Spire.
- A weapon that fires a napalm-like blob of burning gel. So called because of its characteristic spitting noise.
- A specialized imp for displaying information and/or interacting visually.
- Tech that reduces or eliminates the reality scrambling effects of nulspace.
- stabilizer, reality
- See stabilizer (null-space).
- StickTight is a brand name in the Nexus for a products, usually in the form of gloves or booties, that allows the user to cling to nearly any surface.
- Acronym for Shock Transfer Impedance by Force Feedback, also referred to as stiffy armor.
- Slang for STIFF / Shock Transfer Impedance by Force Feedback armor.
- Abbreviation for Strategic Commander.
- tech that degrades or blocks the functioning of other tech.
- Synclight, or synchronized light is another term for lasers.
- A symbiotic biot, commonly used for life support.
- Abbreviation for Tactical Commander.
- Abbreviation for Tactical Coordinator.
- A tactical commander, or TacCom, is a leader of a combat team or squad in charge of monitoring the team and providing tactical oversight. TacComs are usually not physically with the combat team and are jacked into an off-space equipped with a simtank. A TacCom can provide tactical glyphs, such as targeting, alerts and backup communications. Same as a tactical coordinator, but within a strict command hierarchy.
- A tactical coordinator, or TacCoor, is the member of a combat team or squad responsible for monitoring the team and providing tactical support. TacCoors are usually not physically with the combat team and are jacked into an off-space equipped with a simtank. A TacCoor can provide tactical glyphs, such as targeting, alerts and backup communications. Same as a tactical commander, but without the strict command hierarchy.
- Acronym for Transhuman Echo.
- Acronym for Transhuman Echo 9.
- Technology so sophisticated that it will only (fully) operate when supported by a Monolith.
- During the Era of Revolution, the period when the People's Republic of Edmee became a tyranny.
- Theseus Blacksail is a member of the Imperial Police and an unmodified. He appears in "The Unmodified Man" and, before joining the Imperial Police, in "Up in the Nightgaunts Gang" as Mouse (UitNG character). And yes, his named is derived from the ancient Greek Theseus. But that is another story.
- A transcension is the transition of an individual from embodied living in real-space to afterlife in an arkade.
- In the Nexus, transhumans are our descendants, forming a wide flung civilization. We are the distant ancestors of neohumans.
- The Transhuman civilization was the neohuman civilization of the Transhuman Era, a civilization of effective immortals that created the Monoliths, colonized null-space, and discovered the Nexus. -- (Source: Fritz Freiheit)
- A period when tech is fully functional, which occurs (somewhat unpredictably) at intervals after the fall of the Transhumans. As versus Interregnum (or Darkage).
- The period when humanity made its greatest achievements, including the creation of the Monoliths and the establishment of the Nexus structures interconnected via null-space ley lines.
- The transhuman civilization that is the progenitor of the civilizations in the Nexus. The exact circumstances behind the fall of the Transhumans is not known, but it is rumored that some of the Powers still living were alive during height of the Transhuman Civilization.
- A general term for the transhuman civilization that predates the civilization of the Nexus.
- See mod.
TreeYllana Fé Lunnoir
- TreeYllana Fé Lunnoir is one of the main characters of Tactics of Transience. She prefers TreeYllana over Count Fé Lunnoir.
- Twists per second. A measurement of speed in nulspace.
- A unit of measure of travel or distance in nulspace. For the related unit of speed, see twips.
 List of the Chronicles from the Nexus
 Also see